Tuesday, June 20, 2006

How To Deal

Okay, everyone has told me how wonderful blogging is so I'm gonna give it a try. My hope is that by doing this, I will learn about myself while learning how to deal with the stresses of everyday life. Isn't that what everybody hopes for? I am learning how to make time for 3 people now: my husband, my baby, and myself. The third one listed tends to feel neglected----let me explain: I don't feel neglected by my husband or baby. I feel neglected by myself at times. I am the furthest thing from being selfish, but I am still learning the difference between selfishness and taking care of myself. I struggle with finding that balance (as most women do). Right now, my biggest battle is learning how to switch from "me time" to "hubby time" to "baby time" to "hubby time" to "me time" to "baby time"........................you get the picture. I know my feelings are very natural and normal and I know that writing down my thoughts, fears, and desires for my life will help me tremendously. Life is hard---TRUE, but we get through all of the road blocks and detours ONLY through our trust and faith in God. I want to always remember that!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

This is something that I still have to concentrate on and my kids are almost 5 and 2 1/2! I'm so lucky that my in-laws get them both every Tues. night, and that gives me the "me" time that I so desperately need! It's a hard balance, but we just have to make a concious effort to do it!!

Brad Crisler said...

You so crazy, Scarlett...remember when you used to give me a hard time when I taught your class...When you were 2 1/2!!!! I 'm so old... Just kill me now.


You have a great voice and CP praise team rocks!!

bc