Monday, May 26, 2008

Mood Swing or Crazy

Is it normal to have a complete crying break down about a month before you have your baby? I lost it last night. It's like I had to just get it all out....everything that's getting on my nerves, my intolerance for John playing his stupid computer game every second he has free, frustration of not having a baby name yet and knowing that everybody is gonna be telling me what to do and how to do it after the baby gets here, and fears of a repeat of what happened when Bonnie was born (about 1,000 people with their ears cupped to the door of my labor and delivery room listening to me push and almost breaking the door down with their impatience while I was trying to nurse Bonnie and bond with her for the first time.....almost demanding that we let them in) I guess I'm just gonna have to get a backbone this time and stand up for myself. Anybody know where to get one of those? I haven't been able to find one at Walmart or anything.....I swear I'd rather buy one if than speak up because I'm so afraid of hurting anybody's feelings or having conflict......possibly my biggest weakness......Sorry to vent....I just have to get it all out! I got 3 hours of sleep last night. Bonnie wakes up all night long now either needing to give us a hug or kiss, pee-pee in the potty, or wanting crackers or water. I think God's trying to prepare me for not sleeping through the night again so I'm not in shock when the baby gets here, which is fine. I'm just tired. Insomnia is no fun! But on a positive note, it did give me the opportunity to cook John a homecooked breakfast for once in a long time! I figure if I've been awake since 2 in the morning, I need to make the most of it and be somewhat productive. I've only had probably 2 or 3 complete break-down crying spells this pregnancy, so that's probably pretty good compared to the average woman, so I guess it's just a mood swing. I think I'll try to nap when Bonnie does today and maybe make something good and chocolate to make me in a better mood. I don't like feeling so emotional and crabby but sometimes when the tears start flowing you can't stop them until they all run out! I know you've all probably experienced that too! :) Please don't think I'm crazy!

6 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

You're definitely crazy! No, I'm kidding. It does sound like a lack of sleep though. You definitely should put your foot down about what you want in the delivery room. I was very much against people standing outside my door while I pushed and they did. Not a big deal now, but it was the ONE thing that I asked not to happen. Let the nurses do your dirty work for you. That way you don't have to say things yourself. You can always blame stuff on the pregnancy!

Julie Young said...

You go ahead and cry now girl! I am with Melodie though, sounds like lack of sleep. Let us know next time you are cooking b'fast and we will come on over. :)

Cortnie said...

Apparently I had no idea who was outside my door, but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was parents fighting over how much time they could each spend in the room, we had to schedule a set amount......it was crazy. And sometimes you just need a cry....read Psalm 30:5.....love you

Kimberly said...

I agree with Melodie. Let the nurses do your dirty work for you. If you dont want people standing outside the door, tell the nurses to ask them to leave.

Go ahead and tell your family now, that the first hour of your child's life will be spent with only you and John, and that you plan to breastfeed without interruption during that time.

LucisMomma said...

Did the chocolate help?

You are NORMAL as can be for having a crying spell. Sometimes it makes me feel better. But I don't do that very often. I read a study once (don't know where or when) that crying does release stress chemicals in the tears! So it does help.

Lack of sleep is so not fun. Luci slept through the night last night for the first time in I-don't-know-when. I can feel your pain on that one!

Glad the baby's head down now, it won't be very long! I agree with the pain meds--when I walked into the hospital with JT (tried the natural thing with Bryan, pullease! Can you say c-section because his head was so BIG?) I hadn't even made it to the birthing room and I told them "get that epidural man up here NOW!"

Melodie S. said...

Bless your heart. I hope things are better since this post. I agree with everybody else, get the nurses to do the job as 'bouncer'.