Bonnie has gotten more confident saying prayers at meal times and at bedtime lately. She went through a stage last year where she didn't want to pray and it was really hard to get her to understand why we need to talk to God and have a relationship with Him. It's so hard for them to understand the whole prayer thing and the concept of praying to a being that they can't even see. But, lately, she's been okay with leading the prayer. I've told her she can talk to God about anything and he will listen and help her with whatever she needs. I love to hear what she says. She prays for Loveshena (our sponsored child from Haiti through World Vision) every night and asks God to give her what she needs. She prays for the people in Haiti a lot because that whole situation has really interested her. Now, she's interested in the oil that has filled our beaches and she's constantly asking John and I about what's going on there. It's so awesome to see the faith that a child has and their longing to ask God to help with whatever is going on in their little lives at the moment. Bonnie has stopped in the middle of trying to get her shoes on and said, "God, please please please just help me do this. In Jesus Name, Amen." She also has stopped to pray right before I've had to give her a switching saying "Please please please God...don't let this happen. Please don't let Mommy do this...." etc. etc. Let me just say that it's very hard to spank her after that but I have to be consistent. Anytime I'm frustrated she says, "Mom, you can just say a prayer to God and He will just make it all better." Oh, how we can learn so much from our children. The other night her prayer went like this:
Dear God, Please please just make Ava's little bottom better because God, I've seen her little bottom and it's really red and just please make it better.....and make Mommy's headache get better too.....and God............(LONG PAUSE).....we know that doctors can help but.....(LONG PAUSE).....gods can too and you're the greatest God EVER! In Jesus's Name, Amen."
It was so sweet and of course, I sat there thinking....there's only one God and I know she knows that but her goal I guess was to really let God know that he was the BEST in her book!
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is so sweet and so funny too!
Prayers from children are priceless!
what a perfect prayer!
Post a Comment