Okay, yes it's been like forever since I have blogged. There's been so much going on with my family. Right now, I just need to vent:
Why is it that people waste so much of their life saying "Life's not fair". Okay, I'm sure I've said it, but I don't whine about it all of the time and use it as an excuse for why I am happy or not. True--life is NOT fair. No one ever said it was! My 10th grade American History teacher always said, "The fair comes once a year. You'd better get your tickets or you'll miss it!" I always thought that was so funny! (plus he was the teacher that all the girls had a crush on, so he could've said that the sky was purple and we would've thought he was the smartest man alive)
ANYWAY---- back to my point: I am so sick of my family not being accountable for the stupid decisions they have made in their life and the ones they continue to make. Some of you know the situation. I have tried so hard to help them but I have done all I can do. God allows things to happen to teach us. It may not seem "FAIR", but that's the way it is and we can learn something from those unfair situations that can let us move into the right direction in our lives. I feel like God gives you a whisper in the beginning, then maybe a tap on the shoulder, then maybe a nudge, then a push, then lets you get knocked down on your feet sometimes before you even realize that he's been there the whole time trying to help you in the most "FAIR" way possible. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about---I'm talking about one of those people who everyone knows or has known at some point that keep saying "God's not helping me" when really their eyes have just not been opened yet to see that he is helping them--just not in the way they might want him to. I'm not judging or criticizing people who have been through these times. God knows I've been there....We ALL have lost some faith at some point.It's just so hard when people you love are going through these times and you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel....they just don't see it. My prayer everyday is that I can say what I need to say to teach others about Christ and try to give them hope when it seems like all is lost. My problem comes when I've said and done everything I can, and I have to realize that they have to make that choice to take my advice or not. It's harder when it's your family, I think. Please continue to pray for those people who need to "Let go and Let God." We all need to do that don't we! :) Life still won't be FAIR, but it will be a lot easier to get through. That's all for now....Thanks for reading.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow scarlett- words i needed to hear.
thank you for your insight.
and for the record, i had a crush on that same history teacher. i still may...;)
I'll pray that you continue to be a light to your family. Just know that your prayers will eventually make a difference!
Post a Comment