
Will I ever get this good?
I'm taking a cake decorating class by a Wilton instructor at Hobby Lobby. Today was the first session. Next Saturday will be the last for Course 1. I am SO excited about what I've learned so far. I now know how to ice a completely smooth cake with no crumbs in the icing. We also did writing, dots, lines, and stars today. I can't wait to do flowers and stuff. I also learned how to take a coloring page or other clip art and get the image onto the cake before it's iced. Man, that's so cool!
I've been wanting to take some classes so I could make Bonnie's birthday cakes. There's a big kit that I want to buy SO BAD, but it's $130! I'll get it 40% off this coming week with the coupon in the paper. I'm gonna get it...I've bid on one on Ebay for $20 plus $20 shipping. That would be awesome if I got it at that price, but it probably wouldn't come in by the last class on Saturday. I just need to suck it up and quit being such a tight wad and just get the kit!!! It's cheaper than buying birthday cakes every year for however many years she'll let me make them! Anybody else interested in this new craft of mine?

1 comments:
You probably won't want to hold off this long, but Rutledge Hill Press is about to publish a new cake decorating book called Creative Cakes Anyone Can Make. It's got an instructional DVD and is so easy to learn. If I get my hands on an advance manuscript, I'll be sure to send one your way.
Laura Troup
Post a Comment