Saturday, October 28, 2006

Mini-Van Mommy


We drove to Birmingham this morning and bought a 2003 Silver Honda Odyssey just like this one in the photo. I thought I'd take this time to blog my reasons for wanting one so badly (since everyone thinks I'm too young or whatever to be driving a minivan around.) To those of you who have dissed the idea of ever driving one, please keep in mind that I am a recovering minivan hater. I swore to myself, John, and everyone else I knew that I would NEVER EVER EVER drive a minivan. They were dorky and I was gonna be a cool mom even at the expense of the pain of having a small car with a child whose carseat and "stuff" takes up the entire seat of my Accord and whose stroller takes up the entire trunk of my car. Boy, have I eaten my words. Okay, enough rambling, on to the reasons for those of you who even care:

1. We already have an SUV and don't need another one.
2. Better gas mileage than an SUV
3. More room than another reg. sized SUV
4. Perfect for traveling to see John's parents (and other family members can go
with us without feeling squished)
5. Very spacious (room for the baby, her "stuff", groceries, the
stroller.......you get the point.
6. Heated seats
7. The DVD system for emergencies
8. Honda's drive for almost forever. I'll have it for a long time, hopefully!
9. LASTLY and of couse the most important factor in deciding on this vehicle:

I'll get to take my girls to the next American Idol concert or to the next Bunco get-together, or even on a shopping trip to let's say.....Nashville?

Yeah, you all let me know what you think.............
Do you still think I'm cool? HA! HA!

6 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

Well, let me just be the first to say that I like your minivan. I even specifically looked at your blog tonight to see if you had a post about it yet. I would be honored to ride in your van sometime and you are always cool in my book!

Meredith said...

Let me say that I hate you. There, I said it! Kidding, I don't hate you, but I'm very jealous. This is the van I want. This is the van I won't be able to afford until my kids are grown and I don't need it anymore! I would've been jealous enough if you just got a van...now you went and got the kind of van I wanted! Boo Hoo! I'll just keep driving my accord!

Scarlett said...

Meredith---we got a good deal on it and we had saved money to put some down on it so that helps a lot. Plus Honda is doing a special financing thing: For 36 months it's just 2.9%. We felt like this was the time to go for it.

Gena said...

of course you are still cool.

Meredith said...

I really am happy for you! Sounds like you got a great deal. We have a hard time saving money when every penny we have is going to pay off debt or to Mars Hill!! ;o)

Julie Young said...

You are definitely still cool! Congrats on the new van. Now you just need a few more kids to go in it! :)