As we made the 10 hour trip and back to Chicago, I had time to think and more importantly sing/dance/act silly to the lovely songs on the radio. Here are the things I learned:
1. Delilah comes on every channel in every town in every state of every country of every continent. I couldn't ever get rid of her! She picks the worst songs for these people....I don't know why they trust her to play a song representing their story. It very rarely makes any sense to me! AHHHHHH!!!
2. Nashville only plays country songs. Go figure.
3. The Chicago area stations play lots of fiesta music(fun for Bonnie to dance to in the car). That music made me crave Mexican food all week!
4. John and I are getting old.......John's cousin-age 11 had never heard "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.... but he DID know who he was.
4. I have been singing the wrong words to many songs throughout my life. There are many more songs I've messed up, but Here's my list of the ones I came across on the trip:
"Shock to the heart and you're too late........... you give love a bad name"
"Blinded by the light......wrapped up like a douche she's like a motor in the night"
"Give me the Beach Boys and free my soul wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away"
"Down on the farm, out in the street" (CCR's Down on the corner)
Please feel free to leave me a comment about any songs you've "misheard". Come on, you know you've all done it before (or still do..........)
5. Last but not least: Florence is desperate for a good oldies (60's-70's) station to replace the predominantly rap one with potty mouth words that we have here. Chicago has an awesome one! However, Florence does have Sweet Tea.....whereas Chicago doesn't.....they looked at me like I was crazy when I forgot and tried to order some! :)
That's all for now..............Have a great day!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You're so funny! I'm so glad ya'll are back! I do the same thing with the song words, I just don't know the right ones yet! I agree with you about the oldies station! See you tonight!
That is so funny that you do that also. I thought that I was the only one. Jud is always making fun of me b/c I just keep on singing even if I don't know the words. No need to let words stand in the way right! Glad you all are back.
Great...you and Jarrod would get along well...he's the master of screwing up words to songs.... I can't even name them all, there's too many. I'm in agreement with you about needing a good 60's-70's station! I love some good oldies!
i can't believe you said douche on your blog. that made it all the more funnier.
i felt as if i was in the car with you, too bad i wasn't...we could have sung wrong lyrics all night long.
my friends mom used to not let her listen to Lionel Richie's Dancing in the Street, because she thought it said Dancing in the Sheets.
i once asked for sweet tea in New York City...
you rock scarlett! we should go on a road trip and bring all our cd's.
oh and the wrong lyrics...my latest in anna naylik's forever love- i still don't know what the right words are but i sing
"forever love, be a man and tell me so..."
you probably know the right words, isn't it french there or something.
don't you need to burn me her cd...:)
GENA: Here's the right lyrics. Digame means "tell me" in Spanish
Forever love
Say you'll love
Dígame, Dígame
Tell me so
I can hold you in my soul
If I go
I'll know
Remember this song?
Sign your name across my heart, I want you to be my baby...
And to be honest, I can't stand Delilah.
Post a Comment