Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another Baby Thompson on the Way

Just in case you didn't know or for the sake of making a public internet announcement, I'm pregnant! I'm 7-8 weeks. My due date is June 27th. The ultrasound says I'm due a week after that, the 4th of July, but Dr. Woodford said we'd just go by the regular old due date unless the measurements are way off later.

Anyway, we are very excited about it all. We saw and heard the heartbeat and decided to go ahead and announce the good news. I'm on natural progesterone supplements again this time because my progesterone is never high enough on its own. It needs to be 13 during pregnancy to hold the pregnancy and mine got down to 11 this time before I started the supplements. It was 7.1 with Bonnie and she's here. I am a firm believer that it works. Also, my hcg levels increased when they checked them but they didn't double like they were supposed to. Knowing all of that made me crazy up until we had the ultrasound about a week ago. I've tried to forget about hormone levels because God is bigger and more powerful than hormone levels. I've had to remind myself of that often. I almost wish they hadn't checked all of that b/c I was so upset and nervous after I knew that things weren't doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing. We waited 13 weeks to tell that we were pregnant with Bonnie and I was a nervous wreck the entire time and I just can't do that again. I feel so much more peaceful now about this pregnancy since we've heard the heartbeat. The prayers we've gotten from people and the ones we've said ourselves have really worked in letting me be calm now. We've been praying a lot....so much that at times I have felt like I'm getting on God's nerves! HA! Please keep us in your prayers that everything will go well this time and that we'll have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy full-term baby.

I also have a strong feeling it's a boy. I just knew we were having a girl with Bonnie. It's also so neat to know that so many of my close friends are pregnant at the same time. I think we're gonna repopulate the church nursery. Besides everyone from church, I also have 3 more of my good friends that are pregnant right now. Talk about something being in the water!

6 comments:

LucisMomma said...

Scarlett, I am so excited for you all! (I was going to say "for you two" but now there's 3!)

Praying for you and baby,

susan

Will and Melodie said...

Yeah for a heartbeat! Good for you for not letting those numbers get to you. You are right, God is much bigger than that! I admire your faith!

Julie Young said...

I still think that we are going to have our babies the same day. We will keep Dr. Woodford busy!

Kimberly said...

I am so excited about all the babies!! Congratulations. I will be praying for you.

Bevin said...

Yay! Congratulations. There are lots of pregnant ones around, aren't there?? You guys will definitely be in our prayers and I am so excited!! Love you!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I found your blog via Amy's...I knew you read mine through a couple of comments but I was confused as to how we knew each other...and it took me a while to catch on to your blog..sorry... congrats!!!!