
Okay, so the other night after everybody went to sleep, I decided to stay up and watch a few missed tv shows. About halfway into Dawson's Creek, I started getting hungry. At first the craving was for Spaghettios and Meatballs, but it quickly went to a good old McDonalds hamburger and fries. So I get my happy tail up at 11:50p.m. and decide to sneak out of the house to satisfy my incredible need for that healthy food my baby needs. I must add that it was raining and I was wearing mismatched pajamas and no bra--but I didn't care as long as I didn't have a wreck! I just knew that McDonalds was open all night so I headed off to the McDonalds on Cloverdale road. I saw a big sign that said "OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT." I swear y'all that I pulled up at 11:55. They'd already cut the lights off of the menu but I waited at the speaker for somebody to say "Welcome to McDonalds. Can I take your order?" NOBODY! As if they could hear me (maybe they could..the workers were still in there.), I said, "You have got to be kidding me. FINE, I'll just go to another McDonalds." Oooooh, Scarlett. That will show them! So I drove off and went to the one in North Florence. THAT one is the one open all night. So I was so excited. I promise you that when I pulled up in the drivethrough I was the 10th car---AT MIDNIGHT and NOT on a weekend! Who knows! I got to the speaker and the guy said, "Welcome to McDonalds. Will this be cash or credit?" Okay, so a little different than the traditional greeting but whatever. I said, "Actually it's a debit card." Would you believe he then said, "I'm sorry mam but our credit card machine is down right now." I said, "How long will it be down?" He said, "about an hour". I said, "Um.....I guess I'll have to do something else." I almost cried my eyes out. I didn't have ANY cash with me. I knew the other day at Wal-Mart that I should have selected 'cash back' and gotten a 20, but I thought, nah, I won't need it. I always try to keep a little cash in my wallet for emergencies. I pulled over into a parking space and looked for change in my car only to see a little bit. I scrounged around (is that a word?) and got every coin I could find in my car. I had a total of $2.16 and one Canadian penny---which I was gonna sneak in there and hope they didn't notice if needed. I got BACK in line and waited all over again and my total came to "$2.14!" I really believe that God helped me out that night--even over a little pregnancy craving. I just don't know what I would've done without my McDonalds that night. I put my extra 2 pennies into the Ronald McDonald House fund to express my gratitude. Needlesstosay, it was an eventful night!

12 comments:
How funny! I was big on McDonalds dbl cheeseburgers when I was pregnant!! :) Hope you're feeling well!!
That is a great story!
You are so funny! Glad you were safe and no one had to find out you were in pajamas.
I can't sneak out, we have an alarm system now and turning it off would wake up John. :) So next time you bug out, think of me!
susan
That was so funny to read! Thanks for sharing! Aren't cravings funny?
You're hilarious, Scarlett! You've got the best blog posts...
you should have just asked them if you could have your hamburger and fries if you flashed them!
I agree with "the activist"! LOL!!
That is sooooo funny! I can so see you doing every bit of that. HA!
HAHA! This is funny! I'm glad you found the money!
That is HILARIOUS! I am the same way, girl! And I am only about 8 weeks. But when the McDonald's craving hits, its SERIOUS.
We sat in front of you and your precious Bonnie at church Sunday. She is adorable!
Congrats on your new baby!
So you gave the Ronald MC. house a canadian penny?
No, BRIDGET, I actually kept that one! :)
good story! you are a great story teller...i have a class at church that might be just right for you...
:)
i am happy you are feeling good! you are precious.
Post a Comment