I officially have 5 weeks and 2 days until my due date! I began freak-out mode last week and went bananas getting everything ready that I could. I bought the boy and girl outfits for the first picture and going home from the hospital. I'll exchange the ones I don't need after the baby gets here. I am so anxious to know what we're having!
So, I'm packing my hospital bag and trying to remember what all I need to bring. I took too much with Bonnie so I'm trying to consolodate. I packed snacks for John and money for the parking deck and vending machines. I brought a terry cloth rice thing that you warm up in the microwave to help with pain and it helped a LOT during those painful after birth contractions that you have for hours after delivering. I also brought a long white sock filled with tennis balls that is supposed to be good for massaging the woman's back during labor. I never used that! What a joke! I was going to do all natural childbirth with Bonnie and that went down the toilet at 7 cm dilated. I won't wait that long this time for an epidural. When I decided to get the epidural, my mother in law said, "You can just try natural on the next baby..." WHATEVER lady! Once you have found "a way out", you're an idiot to chose another direction the next time you're in that situation!
Sorry, I get off track sometimes..........I need your help. What were some of your "must haves" for your hospital bag? Do I really NEED to bring my nursing pump this time? I didn't use it before. What about something cute and comfortable for me to go home in? Do I even get a baby book for this child if I haven't even filled out Bonnie's? I'm bringing shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, but do I need to bring soap/body wash too or will they provide that? I know it's only been 2 1/2 years since I've done this, but you really forget the details.....
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
CHILL GIRL! Oh come on you can do natural child birth! JK, I know thats annoying! I was not as prepared as most for the hospital, we always had someone run home for stuff. So I think you are definitely in prepared mode:-)
Yes could someone please answer all these questions that Scarlett asked. I have no idea what to pack. Do I need to do that now??
Hey Julie--You more than likely don't NEED to pack now but you never know if the baby will come 2 or 3 weeks early and it's good to be able to grab and go if you need to! :)
Okay, since I have recently been through it, here is my advice. Yes on the shampoo and conditioner. They will provide you a bottle of body wash type stuff (if you ask). No on the pump, no on extra bags to bring stuff home in. They will give you about 3 or 4 diaper bags from different companies. I would take a gown of some sort for nursing and for comfort. Something that will slip off the shoulders easily. No on the going home outfit. Nobody even saw us go home! I wore lounge pants and a dressier top. Random! Yes on the baby book if you think you will fill it out. You can basically wear all their hospital gowns so you don't need much unless you just want your own clothes. Use all their diapers, swaddlers, etc. Take all the stuff out of the baby's drawers when you leave the hospital. You are paying for it! You barely need to bring anything for the baby to the hospital. Callan couldn't wear any of her clothes anyway so she came home in a white onesie! Let me know if you need any other help. A camera for sure!! Good luck and don't stress! Someone can always run home for you!
Thanks Mel....very specific and very helpful! Old Navy had some pj pants on sale and I got a couple today, so I think I'm situated. It's the waiting game now! :)
Post a Comment