Thanks everyone for their advice on Bonnie's napping situation. Things are much better now. It's so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're going through something RIGHT THEN. It seems like the trial or stage or whatever you want to call it has been lasting forever and will never end. However, when it does pass, you realize it was a small thing to overcome. When a mom is stuck in that hard time, it's hard to see that.
I started making Bonnie lay down in her bed. I told her it was "Rest Nap Time" and that she did not have to go to sleep but that she had to rest. I told her she would not get off her bed. I gave her some books to look at and she rested for 2 hours. Her mood that afternoon was better just from resting even though she didn't actually sleep. Sure enough, after having that set time of 1:30 to 3:30 for a few days, she actually went to sleep while reading her books. She goes to bed earlier esp. on the days she doesn't actually nap, which has been a blessing to John and me. We actually have time for adult conversation and that makes me feel more like a wife again and not just a mom...does that make sense? Some days, I feel like I'm just a mom. So, anyways, Bonnie is resting....I'm trying to stop what I'm doing during that time and rest myself....and Bonnie goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 and sleeps all night. I think she was just going through a little stage. She's STILL teething (crazy I know)and that may have something to do with it. One of her eye teeth has just come through and after that one, she'll have a full smile in the front! :)
Based on the blogs I've read lately, I am feeling really blessed. These little things that seem to get me all bent out of shape are not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I am going really try to count my blessings instead of my hardships although that's difficult to do sometimes. Maybe that would be a good blog topic to do every few weeks or months. We have it better than we think.
"This too shall pass." How true that is..........
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad that nap time is going a little better for you and Bonnie. With another baby on the way, I know what it's like to want everything in order. You don't have a whole lot of time left - I'm sure ya'll are getting very excited.
Maybe we can go to the park sometime soon
I am glad that you are getting a little more rest now. Baby #2 will be here soon!! When are you going to give us some names that you guys are thinking about???
I need to get more stern with Luci for a rest time. She wears me out with her taking the house apart while the boys "do school." And wife time? Wow, I want that, too! :)
If you're nesting already, do you think you'll go the whole 9 weeks?
Post a Comment