Okay, so I just have this feeling that it's just gonna be just a few days before baby Thompson arrives. We MUST have a baby name narrowed down. I like having a unique name but one that's not so weird that it's made fun of or anything. I liked being the only Scarlett in the whole school. Bonnie's name is classic but not common......I like that. Anyways, John has trouble venturing outside the box, but he's trying. I just don't want our child to be the 9th person in its class with the same name like our generation of Courtney, Jennifer, Christy, David, Matt, etc.........love the names but you get the picture. I went to school with about 6-7 Courtneys! :) We also want a name that will sound appropriate for a baby, teenager, and grown up. John doesn't particularly like last names for first names, but it really just depends on the last name. We've looked into family names and definitely want to use the Hensley somewhere in there, so that helps some. The initials can't spell any cuss words or rhyme with any. John's Memaw that I'm so close to-----her maiden name was Tucker---NOT an option! John said they'd call him Mother Tucker! How wreched! Also, having taught preschool for 7 years really narrows down the list of names you'd NEVER name your kid! (I know---the list of possibilities is narrowing by the millisecond) John's full name is John Hensley Thompson. Mine is Scarlett Dawn (Wilkins) Thompson. Bonnie is Bonnie Elizabeth Thompson.
Here are the possibilities:
Boys: Jude Hensley (John has completely vetoed that one--he says it sounds
like "Jew" and is too hard to say.....whatever...Jude is
biblical and means "praise" or "thanks" LOVE IT but I'm trying
to grieve over that one!)
Ryan Hensley (Strong possibility...I just don't want the southern version of
the pronounciation)
Cade Hensley (John said last night he's leaning towards this one, but would
people say, "Kate"?)
Rhett Hensley (always loved that name--John says too much Gone with the
Wind, although that's not why I love it)
Samuel Hensley
Jacob Ryan or Jacob Hensley (Jacob is the #1 name though)
William Hensley (call him Will) (lots of Williams or derivatives in his family)
Ray Hensley (one of John's grandad's was Billy Ray)
Ethan Hensley (becoming pretty common)
Girls: Hensley Grace (Hensley for a first name for a girl?)
Kate Hensley
Morgan Grace (John's grandmother's maiden name is Morgan)
Ava Hensley (pretty common name now although I don't know of any Avas)
Claire Hensley
Caroline?
Eden Grace (I love it, but John doesn't)
HELP! What do y'all think? I need some other opinions. Please don't worry about hurting my feelings but any suggestions would help tremendously! :) Oh my goodness.....I'm afraid this baby's not gonna ever have a name! My mom works for the state at the Medicaid office and said there's someone on file somewhere that she ran across with the name "Nameless" I kid you not! Now, THAT is an option! :) AHHHHH!!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
John Wilkes Thompson
For a boy, I like Cade Hensley and William Hensley. For a girl, I like Claire Hensley and Ava Hensley. Actually, I like all the names you posted. I dont think you could go wrong with any of them.
Also, your anonymous poster above was Jack. I was reading your blog when Henry woke up from his nap and I forgot to close the page. I guess Jack read your blog when he got on the computer and decided to throw his 2 cents in. Although, I am pretty sure he was kidding.
my votes are cade hensley (boy) and hensley grace (girl). original, yet not too weird, and nice southern, proper names. bonnie and cade or bonnie and hensley work together too.
plus if you name him cade and together they get into trouble, you can call out bonnie and cade, just like bonnie and clyde :)
good luck!
I can't believe you're so close! very exciting. FOr a boy I like Cade Hensley-love that!For a girl, I think Hensley Grace is really cute and I love Claire (we have talked about naming a girl that if we ever have one) but like Kimberly, I like all the girl names. Hope everything goes great. Can't wait to see pictures. Oh, we are gonna be in Florence the first week of July, maybe we can get together at some point.
ok, i liked cade too when i read the post and it looks like we are all on the same page. you are much too into music/pronunciation to be going with ryan...we are in alabama...
but if you name that baby ryan i will love the name and him and you all the same. i do like it when its said correctly.
all the girl names work for me. i love using hensley. i can't believe you guys are ready to have this baby! you look great btw- beautiful. love you
For boys I would have to go with Cade (like everyone else is) and for girls I would go with Hensley (like everyone else).
i think you should use Jude for a girl or boy. i know john won't do it but that's my opinion.
that was bridgett by the way
That is hilarious what Jack wrote! And hilarious that Kimberly busted him! I love them all! It sounds like Cade is the boy winner. I don't think people will think Kate at all. Obviously I love Hensley since it is Callan's middle name and a family name. You can't go wrong with any of the choices you guys have. Good luck deciding!
I love Hensley Grace for a girl and William Hensley for a boy. You have great choices! Love, love, love Hensley Grace...I think you're have a girl. Not sure why I think I know, ha.
Post a Comment