Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 month shots and checkup




The first picture is of Ava after I undressed her and we were waiting on the nurse. The second picture is after I told her why she was there today.

My poor sweet little Ava had her 1st shots today--3 in her little thighs! She cried the most pityful cry, but she's not the breath-holder like Bonnie was, thank goodness! She's been sleeping almost all day and is okay until I change her diaper and I have to move her little legs. They must be really sore! They also gave her another vaccination by mouth for rotovirus. It's a relatively new (2 years) vaccine and I'm glad they have it b/c it would be awful if she got that!

She weighed 9 pounds 2 ounces and is in the 10th percentile. She is 21 1/2 inches long (25th percentile) and her head circumference is 14. She didn't even make the chart for that but John's mom has a little head and so does Bonnie, so nothing to worry about there. She's growing every day and beginning to notice more. She smiles now and Bonnie just absolutely loves it when she smiles at her. Bonnie went up to Ava's carrier when we got back from the doctor and she said, "It's okay Ava. I'm here." I could cry just thinking about it! Bonnie really cares for Ava and she's starting to be a little mommy to her. We have not had any scary raisin incidents lately or anything else potentially dangerous--I'm relaxing a bit more although I don't leave them alone together if I can help it. Bonnie hasn't been given raisins to eat since then--I probably should give her back her raisin privileges (with supervision of course!)

Here are some more pictures from today:


6 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

How sweet! That picture of her crying is hilarious!! I'm so glad her appt. went good and hopefully she'll feel better soon!

Julie Young said...

Great news from the doctor. Little Ava is a growing up! I loved how you said raisin privileges! LOL! That cracked me up. I guess Luke is on bottle privileges. I don't think that I can take those away though.

Kayla said...

The pics are precious! I love the one where she is smiling on the exam table. I am glad her appt went well. Thanks for the formula, that stuff costs a ton!

Bevin said...

She is so cute!

Cortney said...

Your girls are beautiful! I haven't seen Ava in person yet, but hopefully next time I'm home I can see you guys!
-Cortney

Nina Long said...

So sweeet! Glad the appt went well.