I am trying to really multi-task these days. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done. I'm trying to be a mother to a 2 year old and a newborn, a wife, and pick out all of the stuff for John's next house he's working on. He is putting it in the Parade of Homes in October and it's GOT to be done! I've got to decide on tile by tomorrow and do a biography write up for John to put in the Parade of Homes booklet. I'm SO busy I can't think straight sometimes. I didn't eat until 1 today! But, I really do better when I keep busy. I don't think I've cooked all week (except for Bunco) but my family has been eating leftovers all week! I don't cook again usually unless all of the leftovers are gone. I hate wasting food! John asked me this morning what we were doing tonight. I told him, "Going out to eat!" John said, "Good...and going to bed at 8:30?" He is exhausted too.I am SOOO tired today!
I think I stayed up all night last night. The other night, Ava slept for 6 hours before waking up to eat. I was so excited. Bonnie started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks so I'm hoping Ava will follow in her footsteps. I think I got my hopes up a little too soon b/c last night, she woke up about every 2 hours to eat. Maybe she's going through a growth spurt? Anyways, I was up a lot. When I have laundry to do, I usually put in a load before I go to bed. That way the washing machine can do the work while I'm sleeping. When I get up sometime in the night to feed Ava or pump, I put that load in the dryer and do another load. Great multi-tasking, right? Last night, I went to put Ava's and Bonnie's clothes in the dryer and I felt something really squishy and nasty on the clothes. I looked and thought, "Oh my goodness. I have washed one of those disposable breast pads and it has busted all over the clothes." You see, I actually did that 3 days ago. I guess I put my nursing bra in to wash and forgot to throw the pads away. Well, that's not even what happened this time. I actually washed on of Bonnie's Pull-ups! The gooey stuff inside the Pull-up that absorbs the pee had busted out and got all inside the washing machine and all over the clothes. I had to take each garmet and rinse it thoroughly in the utility sink and then run an empty hot cycle in the washing machine to get all of the stuff out of it! Then, I had to rewash the clothes. I HAD to go ahead and wash them again b/c Bonnie was completely out of clean panties. She would have freaked out if she didn't have any of her 'special big-girl-panties' to wear when she woke up this morning. She's completely potty trained now by the way! YAY!! I think the whole washing process took about an hour, no lie! Just be careful when you're tired and trying to do something productive when you've had no sleep! Since I was up, I went ahead and washed the dishes in the sink too. I seriously think I stayed up all night! John took Bonnie to Heather's house (my sister) and let her play with John-Parker and I slept until 1. I'm feeling a little more revived now!
Oh, and just another little 'funny' about Bonnie:
Yesterday, Heather called and I let Bonnie answer the phone. I'm assuming Heather asked Bonnie what mommy was doing b/c Bonnie said, "Um....she's pumping her breasts and then she's feeding Ava!" She knows that they're called breasts or boobs b/c I had to tell her when she asked. I also was just honest with her about pumping b/c I thought it's better to tell her in a mature, age appropriate way that mommy's make milk for their babies to eat and that I had to pump mine out to feed to baby Ava. I'm really nervous about the other conversations I'm gonna have to have with her along the road...seriously...VERY nervous! Let me tell you: When they say that "kids are like sponges" and "they repeat everything they hear" and "out of the mouth of babes", they are RIGHT!
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow-you are such a busy mommy and I'm sure you are handling everything well. Good luck with getting all the house stuff picked out. Your lasagna at Bunco was really some of the best I've ever eaten. Everything was delicious.
You are super woman! I would never even think about doing laundry in the middle of the night! I'm impressed! Hang in there. You're doing great! Funny story about Bonnie and Heather's conversation!
don't feel bad about the pull-up-ive done that before, and not in the middle of the night:)
Girl you always have so many funny stories to blog about. That cracked me up about the pull ups. I can so see you doing that. LOL!! By the way...blogger has been all messed up today. That is why I am just now getting to comment on here.
I love your blog. I guess soon enough I'll understand the sleep deprivation.
I love your blog. I am laughing my head off. I have also washed the breast pads - not fun, but hilarious. Bonnie is a trip. You'll be glad you blogged about all this way down the road. So many funny memories!
I have done the same thing with a diaper in the wash. Yuck is right!
Congratulations on Ava sleeping all night! Luci is *finally* there, too.
Thanks for your seet comment on the blog; I hope that Luci and "Bunny" can grow up as good friends, too.
Post a Comment