Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Zune

John's parents got me a "Zune" for Christmas. What is this you ask? It's some kind of mp3 player that plays songs, videos,and you can store your pictures on it. It's similar to the ipod concept except you pay a monthly fee of $14.99 and get unlimited downloads---which is SO much better than paying a dollar a song. You just download whatever you want and as long as you have the membership, you can play them on your Zune. You can also purchase songs to keep forever (for 79 cents a song and as low as $8 an album) You get to 'keep' 10 songs a month to your permanent list. So in other words, it's like you're buying a cd every month to keep forever and you also get to download whatever you want as long as you have the membership. The awesome thing is that the monthly fee pays for up to 4 zune devices. John's mom and dad got one and they got one for me and John's brother. They're paying the fee so that's even awesomer! (did I just write 'awesomer'?) I know I sound like a kid over this, but I'm really excited. I had an mp3 player but it bit the bucket this summer and I've been lost without getting to listen to my music. So, I've been on this website and I'm trying to see what I want to put on my Zune and I've been out of the loop on good music since I've had kids. I'm totally unaware of anything new within the past probably 6 years or so. I've mostly listened to Sarah McLachlan, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews within the past 10 years. I need your help. I like a variety of music as long as it's not death metal or old whiny country. Other than that, I'm up for just some good tunes and good bands. I learn about a few artists from songs heard on One Tree Hill, the Hills, and Grey's Anatomy. The songs I've downloaded the lastest Coldplay album, OneRepublic, and songs by Brooke Fraser (I just found out about her). What do you advise? I'm telling you, I need some help! I need some "MUST HAVES" dating anywhere from the 20s until now!

2 comments:

Haley said...

I love the idea of this mp3 player - so much better than iTunes!

Here is my list:
(These are artists and their album titles)
1) Dave Barnes - Brother, Bring the Sun
2) Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself
3)Five for Fighting - Two Lights
4)Jaime Jamgochian - Hear my Worship, EP album
5)Selah - Bless the Broken Road
6) Chris Tomlin - Hello Love
7) Andy Davis - not sure what album is called but he is awesome
8) Colbie Callait - Coco
9) Anna Nalick - wreck of the day
10) Dana Glover - Testimony

Will and Melodie said...

I think you would love some Usher, Beyonce, LL Cool J, etc. Some like we listened to the other night!!! No in all seriousness along with my favorite, Coldplay, I also love The Fray and Matt Kearney.