

Where do I start? Last night a bunch of my girlfriends (Amy, Bridgett, Meredith, Trina, Gena, Shannan, and Cortney B.) embarked on the second annual American Idol Live Tour in Birmingham, Alabama. We had SO much FUN!It was an incredible concert!
Here's how I will sum up the evening:(Sorry in advance for being a smart butt!)
**Some of the people may be out of order.
1. We picked up Shannon in ? What town was that?
2. We got to the concert and walked down a stinky alley.
3. We found out that some man got Bucky's autograph and was waiting on Chris's.
4. The concert began.
5. Mandisa sang a song dedicated to Ruben Studdard. We were disappointed he didn't walk out! That would've been AWESOME!She sang "Angel" with Ace Young--PHENOMENAL DUET!
6. Ace Young began "Father Figure" using a pump or some kind of weird talent where he pumped his chest up and down to the beat at the beginning of the song. He slowly pulled his jacket off and acted like he was God's gift to all women! He's got such a wonderful voice, but he is such a goober on stage! I hope one day he realizes that he needs to play "a little hard to get" rather than "come and get me now". Sometimes LESS IS MORE, ACE!
7. Lisa Tucker gave a memorable performance as she sang Elton John's "Your Song" and "Somebody Saved My Life Tonight" while playing it on piano! The show did NOT do her justice. She was one of my favorites to watch at the concert.
8. Paris Bennett "worked it out". Let me just tell you: There was definitely some 'shaking' going on. I have to admit I wish I could pull off some of her moves!
She can definitely dance!--just not in the way I hope my kids will ever dance!
9.Bucky sang some songs---don't remember which ones--he is pretty good but not one to scream about (HOWEVER, the girl behind us thought he was! She screamed so loud and freaked out so much that I thought she might fall out. It reminded me of those videos you see of how the girls at Elvis's concert acted when they saw him!) Why would you freak out about Bucky? I don't get the attraction!
10. Kellie Pickler didn't really sing much. She didn't really act like she was very bubbly. Maybe she was tired! (But not too tired to put on that black tight outfit she likes to wear! I couldn't get my big toe in that thing!)
11. INTERMISSION-(lights on--people walking around--text messaging marriage proposals to Taylor and Chris on the screen--) The lady in front of us came back in the arena and asked if they'd started back yet. The lights were still on and there was nobody on stage.....Hmmmmm.....DUH! Bridget thought about pecking her on the shoulder and telling her that the concert has started back when the time was right. Poor thing, that lady must have been so confused or something.
12. Chris Daughtry--WOW! He's so AWESOME! I could listen to him all day!(And he's not bad to look at either)
13. Elliot Yamin- Yes, I would agree with my husband that he looks somewhat like a little troll but I am drawn to his voice! He seems to have such a kind heart and genuinely lives for his love of music. His voice is CAPTIVATING!
14. Bridget has a breakdown in the middle of Elliot's song. I think she might have been off in her own little moment-almost like she was pulled up from her seat by the mystical power of Elliot's vibratto. I didn't know she was such a good dancer!
15. Katherine McPhee sang my two favorite songs of hers--I sure wish she would've sung more. She was my pick to win!
16. TAYLOR HICKS! He's such a great performer to watch. I have to admit I had a little breakdown with Bridget during "Do I Make You Proud?" That song just makes you want to do some sort of a moving side-to-side big church choir type of thing! Taylor is so good! I am not sure if Amy got to really get the full effect of the concert because she was taking a billon pictures of her future husband. AWE! They would make such a cute couple! Maybe one day? How cool would that be!
17. Concert over---I get lost from the group. I had to get my free Mint Chocolate Chip Pop Tart after all! (it wasn't worth it--As Gena said, "Some flavors just aren't meant to be put in a Pop Tart!"
18. I found the group!
19. Amy and Cortney get lost from the group and had a great excuse: They saw their grandmother in the crowd after the concert! Talk about a shocker! I wonder if granny had her own breakdown.....we may never know!
20. We went back to the car (the long way).
21. We saw Corey Clark TRYING to sell his CDs. We weren't interested. Not many people were. He only had like 2 people by him. Maybe Paula will buy one!
22. We got out of the traffic jam and went to the ghetto station to get water, crackers, and a big whiff of Gena's new deodorant in the outside bathroom. Gena, I love it!
23. We sang every song under the sun ranging from "Turn the Radio Up" to "Our God is an Awesome God". I'm sure our silly dilirious giggles and harmonies kept Trina awake while driving home! Singing with all of you means so much to me. It's so uplifting to sing with such beautiful voices blending together. I'd love to do that again! I love you all and I had such a great time!
GO TO WWW.YOUTUBE.COM and search for American Idol Tour or search for a specific person you'd like to see. It doesn't do the concert justice, but it will give you an idea of what we saw.

2 comments:
You RoCk Scarlett...how fun was that?! My morning can begin now-
and for all of those who want a good, new deo. scent try "CLIX" by AXE. its heaven and it helps when you go thru certain parts of Cullman that smells like soggy cabbage.
or "dirty cabbage", Gena! HA! Great post, Scarlett! It was funny to re-live the evening for a moment!
Post a Comment