Sunday, May 27, 2007

Are you struggling?

Tonight I taught the kindergarten and 1st grade class at church. I had to tell you what one of the little girls said that was visiting. We were talking about Job and I was telling them that he was just going through a hard time and he had all this bad stuff happen to him in his life and I said, "He was just...." and the little girl said, " like he was struggling?" I said, "Yes exactly." Then she said in a soft sweet voice, "Struggling means you had a bad day and you can't go over it by yourself."

I was totally touched at the words she used to explain "struggling". It was just awesome coming from a five year old. Kids are so honest and understanding and they just have such incredible ways of explaining things without any bias behind their words.

The truth is we're always struggling with something and we can't "go over it" by ourselves. We need to get better at sharing our struggles so we can get through them, don't you think?

1 comments:

Jim said...

Yeah - it's too bad we mostly ignore what James says about confessing; and I think it can apply to more than just our sins...