Someone told me the other day (Ok, it was Krista) that I change my blog design more than anyone else she knows! It's true. I am so weird. It made me start thinking about all of the quirky things I do that make me who I am. I may be setting myself up to be made fun of by doing this, but it was time for a new post. Here are some of my odd habits. Call it OCD if you want......it is what it is.........
1. I constantly crave change. I guess I get bored with the same old stuff more quickly than others do. I used to change my hair style and color just on the spur of the moment. I just get in these moods where I have to do something new right then.
2. I can't stand it when pictures on the wall are crooked. I must fix them immediately.
3. The toilet paper has to be over the roll. I feel the urge to change it if it's not, even if it's not in my own house.
4. I only eat small candies or snacks in even numbers. The television volume or air conditioner in the car has to be set on an even number. It actually bothers me when if I see that it's set on an odd number. I can't stand it! I'm not superstitious, I just like even numbers. We got married on 6/8/02 for that reason...........
Okay, why am I telling you all of this? You're probably thinking I'm more than just a little weird. I think I may need therapy! I probably shouldn't even post this to my blog, but I'm going to anyway.
What are some of your weird and quirky habits and behaviors? Humor me! Come on, please comment. We all have something.........
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Funny! We sound sorta similar. I do the same thing with numbers except it has to be set on odd numbers. Like if Im setting an alarm clock, I will set it for 8:53 or something. I also cant stand for things to not be straight, pictures, cards, piles of stuff, whatever. I have been known to straighten things up in random places. I guess we all have our wierd stuff going on. Makes us fun!! HOpe you're doing well!!
Yeah - it should be over the roll - who wants to fumble for that little hidden square at such a critical juncture in their life?
Sometimes there's comfort in order. Sometimes when life is chaotic, I have to stop and clean whatever area I'm in or I go crazy. (Though Krista may not believe this! :) )
I have this weird compulsion to correct people. However, if I get into it to deeply here, I could go on for 8 or 10 pages, so I won't.
I won't watch a movie or television show until the children are asleep - interruptions ruin the whole experience.
I like to keep my Stuff nice. Of course, this makes me not very good at sharing. It's not that I think something will be ruined and I'll have to get another - I think it's that it will just be damaged a little and I'll have to live it. If I lent out a CD, I'd probably rather have it broken in half, so I had to get a new one, than have it returned with the insert bent, so I have to endure the bent insert for the rest of my ownership. But don't let that stop you from borrowing something! I've got to get over this - it's just stuff.
I could probably go on for another hour or two - that's another one of my quirks; tendency to drone on and on. So if you're still awake, I'll quit now. Hey - what a great idea! If we start confessing on other people's blogs, it feels so safe!
This is Etta, not Justin:
I absolutely cannot leave the volume level on my car radio on 13. Even if that is really the volume I would like it to be. I also don't let Justin leave it on 13 when we are together. I used to have a CD rack and I had to keep all 200 of the cases in alphabetical order. And one day Justin accidentally knocked the whole thing over not knowing they were in any order. I also keep all of my cds in my cd case in order by genre and male/female. I could really go on but I won't.
Whew!!! I'm relieved to read everyone's comments. I started to go back and erase my post a thousand times for fear of people not talking to me ever again, but I'm glad I didn't! :) Ha ha!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does weird things..........
this is hilarious! i have a ton of quirks like this. i can't stand it if the remote control is not sitting straight on the coffee table. i hate when lamp shades are crooked. i hate it when someone only half erases a chalkboard, i have to rinse out every clean bowl before i use it when i take it out of the cabinet, etc, etc, etc. my mom has to actually touch the eyes of the stove to make sure they're off...even if the knobs are turned to OFF!!! i guess we can all be weird together!
Note to self...never invite any of these people over to my house for fear that something in my house might be crooked or something set on an odd/even number! (I usually strighten crooked pictures, though) Also, don't ever ask Jim if I can borrow a CD! But, one thing you will find in my house is toilet paper OVER the roll. I will admit that if I've been ANYWHERE that is was under the roll, I've changed it.
yeah, if you ever want to borrow something, call me.
i am a weirdo, but not because of my habits. :) although if you know me, my smell obsession makes me weird. and, i am obsessed with getting boogers out of my kids noses. and i have to have a certain kind of pen to write a letter. i could probably write for a long time, but i am a weirdo about leaving comments on people's blogs. so there scarlett.
Post a Comment