Monday, September 17, 2007

Some test results...more to follow

I had to go back to the ER for the third time early Sat. morning b/c I was in so much pain. They did a CAT scan of my abdomen to rule out any other problems I could be having. Those tests results revealed NO problems with kidneys, pancreas, diverticuli, NOR any presence of tumors, so that relieved me a lot. However, they did find calcifications on my ovaries and a possible clot in a vein near my ovaries which I was instructed to follow up with Dr. Woodford to see what's going on there. Before my endoscopic procedure this morning, Dr. Bailey saw the CAT scan reports and told me to make an appointment with Dr. Woodford soon so that he can look into what they found on the CAT scan. Dr. Bailey told me that I might have to have that ovary removed which made me cry when he said that because I want to have another baby. I'm trying to think positively. It's just scary when there's something they found and you've got to have it looked into further.

Anways, I had the endoscopic procedure done today. It wasn't bad at all. I don't even remember them doing the procedure. It turns out that I do NOT have an ulcer. I have a hiatal hernia which is when the upper part of your stomach goes through to the chest cavity. I do have some acid reflux which is most likely caused from the hernia. The crazy thing is that hiatal hernias are "fairly common in 25% of people 55 or older, and is more common in women and people who are overweight." (according to the research I've done). I also had to have my gallbladder taken out the first year John and I were married at age 22, which is pretty young to have that problem. I guess my body parts think I'm old or something! :)

I'm still having some pain. My appointment with Dr. Woodford is today at 2:00---they worked me in and John's gonna take me since i'm still loopy from the medicine from the procedure.

I'll post again when I find out more.....

0 comments: