Friday, June 13, 2008

Insomnia Moment, Baby Update, and Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Not so moody anymore........I guess I just needed a cry! :) I am posting this at 4 in the morning though! The week I have the most going on and need the most rest is the time when my insomnia hits again. God has been preparing me for those sleepless nights coming up soon and I guess that's okay if it's really possible to 'prepare' yourself for that! :)

I went to the doctor Wedesday and I'm 2-3 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced. Dr. Woodford said it could be tomorrow or 2 weeks from now. No rush but I really am getting that feeling like I did with Bonnie that it's gonna be pretty soon--like no longer than a week from now. I just have to sing in a wedding Saturday and after that, any day will be fine. Please pray that I don't go into labor at the wedding. How funny or not so funny should I say that would be! The baby has dropped even lower now......I am definately waddling. It really feels like it's gonna fall out. Every few days Bonnie looks at me and asks, "Your baby's coming out now?" She's getting excited and she talks to the baby a lot and shows it the stuff that's gonna be it's. (Man I can't wait until I can stop saying "it" Is that even the way you write the posessive?) She points to stuff and says, "You see that, baby? That's your sock monkey and that one is mine." Man I love her! :) She's hilarious!

Oh, speaking of my hilarious, sweet, precious little angel, Bonnie told her first flat-out lie yesterday. I was hoping she'd wait another year or two to do that but oh well. We made 7 stepping stones for John for Father's Day yesterday---I know--crazy idea but they turned out so cute! John's Memaw helped and she took Bonnie inside afterwards and gave her a bath. When John came home from work, I was exhausted and decided to take a hot 'coozie' bath (as Bonnie calls it). Bonnie came in there shortly after she realized the water was running and took her clothes off and I told her that I was gonna take a bath by myself for once. I said, "You have already taken a bath. Didn't Memaw give you a bath already?" She looked at me dead in the face and said plainly, "No, Memaw did NOT give me a bath." I just looked at her with that disappointed mom look and said, "Bonnie......tell me the truth (as if she actually can comprehend that word at her age).....did Memaw give you a bath today?" She replied, "No, she did NOT give me a bath today." I thought for sure if I asked her again and again and worded it differently each time that she would understand. Oh, she understood....she was just flat out lying. I told her that she told me a lie. She said, "I told you alive?" "No, Bonnie, a LIE." "Alive?" etc. etc. I went on to tell her that she told her mommy a lie, that Memaw DID give her a bath today and that she told me that Memaw did NOT when she really did. I told her that it makes God sad when we tell lies and that we cannot do that. We have to tell the truth. Then I asked her again, "Now, did Memaw give you a bath?" She said, "Yeah, she gived me a bath." I praised her for telling me the truth and as soon as she did she stuck her little leg all the way over into the tub and proceeded to get in as if that was her reward! She said, "Now I can get in now?" She has gotten really good at raising the pitch of her voice in a long, drawn out fashion at the end of a question when she wants something. As if saying it that way will make her get what she wants! Evidently that is true! I just thought forget it....just let her take another one. She did get playdough in her hair after the first bath anyways. For those of you who have kids: Isn't 2 1/2 too young to start lying? Maybe not. I have to say the whole situation made me have to keep myself from laughing b/c as she kept lying she'd cock her little head over to the side and give me this look--can't explain it--almost like she thought I'd believe her or something.......Why did we think our parents were dumb until we got older? The trend still goes on...........

5 comments:

Julie Young said...

Ok Scarlett I cannot believe that you are up at 4 AM!! What is the world!
As for Bonnie, that cracked me up. I knew that you were going to let her get in the tub with you after she told the truth. But it is funny that she thought that was her "reward" for telling the truth. HA!

Julie Young said...

Oh by the way....today is Friday the 13th so lets not go into labor today! HA!

Scarlett said...

Yeah, Julie....I already told John that about the 13th yesterday! Funny we think alike! :)

Melodie S. said...

Insomnia was one of the worst parts of pregnancy. At least when the baby is here you have someone so sweet who can keep you company at 4 a.m.. Bless You! Bonnie sounds like she will be a great big sis. As far as the lying, I am not too sure on the age when it starts. However, I do know, that by the time they reach Kindergarten, at 5 years old they are seasoned pros at the lying. So I would says she is right on track. lol

Will and Melodie said...

That is hilarious. I can hear Bonnie's little voice right now. I hate you are still not sleeping good. Hopefully all that will be over soon. You sounded wonderful at the wedding. It was nice to hear you let loose a little on At Last. I'm glad you made it through the wedding. I did wonder! Can't wait until "it" gets here!