Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week Long Birthday Party: Part 1- John's birthday









January 25, 2010

John is 31!!!! On this morning, Shelia, a lady who works for John, called and said she wanted to do something special for him for lunch on his birthday because he had been so good to her and she wanted to provide a birthday lunch for the employees for his birthday. So, I got in on the surprise and called John to see if he'd go to lunch with me and the girls for his birthday. I arrived at his office and as we were about to leave for our "lunch date", I led him towards the Club Room and SURPRISE! There were all of his employees and we all had chili dogs, potato salad, cake and ice cream together!

Later, that evening, I made John a special birthday dinner. I let him choose whatever he wanted for dinner. So, we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes,baked green beans, white beans, Mexican cornbread, and strawberry pie. (John LOVES pies way more than cake so he got a birthday pie in stead of birthday cake). He also specified that he wanted a strawberry pie with hardly any strawberries in it--strange I know, but he loves the gelatin filling part more than the fruit!

John's birthday dinner was his main present cause I pretty much catered to him by making him everything he wanted while taking care of the girls as I cooked forever that afternoon! However, I had another perfect present in mind for him from something he has been talking about for months. John has been talking about this certain kind of honey buns that he could only find at one particular gas station in town. He says they are the best honey buns he's ever had! I got in his Jeep one time and there were 3 or 4 wrappers of Mrs. Freshley's Honey Buns in the floorboard! He says if you're gonna eat a honey bun, you gotta get Mrs. Freshley's! Well, I was gonna go to that gas station and get him a few and wrap them up for a present but I was at Sam's Club one day and looked over in the packaged baked goods sections and what do I find? A HUGE BOX OF MRS. FRESHLEY'S HONEY BUNS!!! I was so excited when I found them and I bought 2 boxes! Those should last a while! John was very happy to receive his gift. Silly as it may sound, it was a great gift for him because they are supposedly so hard to find!

I think the the girls enjoyed it just as much or maybe more than him!









My Signature

0 comments: