Well I officially have begun the last year in my 20s! Time sure does fly by, doesn't it? I still feel sort of young so that's not too bad. By 'sort of' I mean that I am not running around in holiday themed sweater vests, but I'm also not wearing the hot new trends in the latest teenage fashion. I do not have any skinny jeans--not because I think they're not age appropriate for me, but I do NOT want anything skin tight hugging my thighs and bottom! I'm just somewhere in the middle, I guess.
That being said, I had a fabulous birthday! It was by far the best one yet! I got tons of phone calls, texts, and Facebook messages wishing me Happy Birthday! MAN! Technology can really make you feel better about yourself!
My dear husband offered to take Bonnie to school that morning so I wouldn't have to get out. Bonnie had a special thing going on in class that day that I had to bring a bunch of stuff for so I just took her instead. Then, my sweet friend from way back, Deidre, called me on my way back from taking Bonnie to school and told me that she was coming over to let me take a long hot bath without kids bothering me. She said she would watch Ava and let me have some peace! It was the sweetest birthday present! She came over and of course, me being me, I cleaned the house instead of taking a long bath. Crazy I know but for some weird reason, all I wanted was to clean my house for my birthday. I can't believe I'm even admitting this, but it's true. I did however take a long shower without a kid bothering me and got to shave my legs and it was pretty relaxing!
Then, me, Deidre, John, and Ava went to Sweet Basil for lunch! I absolutely LOVE that place! I always get the trio: Red, White, and Blue Salad minus the white (Blue Cheese-gross!), chicken salad, and fruit. I went to the table and sat down my sweet tea and as I sat it down, I said, "You know what? What I'd really like for my birthay is to be able to sit and eat without having to deal with kids while trying to eat." I PROMISE YOU, just as I said that, Ava knocked over my entire cup of sweet tea, ALL over herself and her clothes were soaked! It was just one of those things you just deal with and then realize that it was your fault that they spilled it anyways because you put it too close within their reach! All I had with me was pajamas for her, so I put on her sleeper! It was actually pretty funny because of her doing that right as I was talking about dealing with kids!
Paige took Bonnie home from school that day for the afternoon and I got to relax a little bit more. Deidre spent the rest of the day with me. We watched Facing the Giants because neither of us had seen it before. It was a great movie!
Then, I got ready to go out to eat with Jim and Krista cause they had invited us to dinner for my birthday. John had gotten a babysitter for the kids (Allison) and we were gonna be kid free for the night! WOO HOO! When we got to Rosie's to eat with them, they met us at the front of the restaurant and as we were walking back to the table, I saw a huge set of tables set up and some of my awesome friends were there as a surprise! It was the only surprise party I've ever had and it was SO SPECIAL! The server brought out some sopapillas and they were phenomenal! (first time for those too!) Notice in the 4th picture below that I was so excited that I knocked over the upside down styrofoam bowl with the candle in it and didn't even notice that I had forgotten to blow out the candle! You can see Julie Young in that same photo leaning to the other side to keep from catching on fire! LOL! Good thing the tablecloth didn't catch on fire. Leave it up to me to be the clumsiest person I know!
Needlesstosay, it was a wonderful birthday and I'll never forget it and all of those who made it special for me! Thank you Jim & Krista & Julianna, Jud & Julie, Chad& Julie & Parker, Paige & Rodney & Joshua & Marah & Macy, Courtney & Douglas & Hugh & Barklee & Beau, and Deidre for planning a birthday party for me! I love you all!







0 comments:
Post a Comment