I got an email today from Ebay stating that my account had been compromised. Somebody somehow guessed my password and was sending out fake emails with fake items for sale or something and Ebay restored my account's security. I changed my password and my email password to something nobody would guess. I thought my old password was sufficient and secure. I later could not log into my email or blog account b/c it said my email didn't exist. I was about to completely freak out. I just knew my identity had been stolen! About my email....I had changed the password and just could not remember the password I'd changed it to. I have been in complete freak out mode and have considered deleting all my accounts and starting over. I was even about to delete Myspace and my blog. (I don't need to spend as much time as I do on it anways). I have gotten everything reset and everything's okay now. I'm just glad nobody bought anything with my information, but it could have easily happened if they hadn't notified me in time. I'd hate to have to pay for thousands of dollars on items from say some superstar's personal collection that some hacker-stealer bought using my identity!
I just wanted to let you guys know so you could be sure that your passwords are something nobody could guess easily. It's scary that somebody got into my Ebay account. Once they hack into one, the rest of your personal information can be at risk. Just be careful everybody.........and change your passwords to something more secure........man, I have a tension headache now!
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thanks for the warning. I will have to check into that. Do you think that there is anything on blogs that could be of risk? I have wondered that since I started blogging. It is sort of freaky to think that anyone can read these things.
BE careful with emails. Always double check your "my messages" in ebay, before you log into anything you get in your email inbox. And ebay never starts a message off with "Dear Member" It will use your actual name.
Thanks Cortnie-- oh, and anybody can read your blog if they know the address. I was nervous about having Bonnie's picture on there at first but I went through my settings and deleted where we live and I tried to make whatever I could private. I think blogging is safe, but you just never know about what some people can do if they want to. Sometimes I'm naive and just don't think people are as mean as they are in this world.
yes, i was about to say what cortnie did. i've gotten a couple of those emails and called ebay the first time. they told me it was NOT from them. so yes, check your ebay messages and if it's not in there...FAKE! beware...
Yeah, I talked to them but the email was actually FROM ebay. The person just hacked into my account to send out other emails. It's scary that they could have bought something or drained my checking account!.........:0
Post a Comment