Friday, July 13, 2007

Synopsis of an American Idol Experience (Year 3)

Last night, the girls (me,Jessica,Gena,Amy,Cortney B.,Bridgett,Erin,Meredith, and Cortnie M) went to this year's American Idol Concert Tour in B'ham. We had a great time! They put on a good show, but the first half of the concert was excruciating: The sound was too loud and it sounded like we were listening to people screaming. I was gonna be mad if the whole concert was like that. They sort of fixed it after that. Here's a picture of the lady in front of us who stayed in this position the first half of the concert. It was hilarious to see!


My favorite performer was Phil Stacey. He is absolutely amazing! I could hear him sing all day long! Blaze of Glory: Incredible!

Hailey Scarnato still wore the least amount of clothing possible and was shaking it like a Poloroid picture up there. She'd be a great model/possible actress but not singer.

Oh, sweet Sanjaya.....he is such a flaming idiot! I just can't tell you how often he skipped across the stage thinking he was "All that". I am SO thankful we weren't sitting by a bunch of 12 year old girls all night. That would have been a nightmare!

Jordin sent chills down my arms with her "I Who Have Nothing" song. I hope she puts that one on her CD. AWESOME!

Blake's beat-boxing was so cool. He is so talented! Blake, you give love a "Ba-a-a-a-a-ad name"

Melinda was phenomenal as usual.

I don't have anything really special to say about the other people. They were good but I just didn't feel like my socks were knocked off last night, except for "Blaze of Glory" and "I Who Have Nothing".


Last year when I wrote this post, there was a lot to say about our night. The concert this year was good, but not anything in comparison to last year and the year before. It was just a slightly dead year this year, kind of like the Fantasia year. The concert arena wasn't even full. It wasn't crowded when we left. We just walked out without any trouble keeping up with each other. I think part of it had to do with the fact that we weren't in anybody's hometown like we were the past two years. Maybe next year will just blow us away!

Oh, and I'm posting videos above that I made of a pretty good duet of Chris Richardson and Jordin and of Sanjaya's trying to be as cool as Michael Jackson performance. My camera will only record for 1 minute so you get a little taste...

Girls, it was fun hanging out with all of you! I can't wait until next year! Here are some more pictures.








Hey, is that Jack Osbourne up there? HA!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

You're on the ball! I don't know if I'll get a chance to post today. I'll try too, since I'm leaving tomorrow! PHIL STACEY IS THE MAN!