Monday, September 10, 2007
Thank God I'm not Diabetic!
I just got a call from my regular doctor's nurse and she said my blood work was totally normal for my blood sugar. One of the tests they did checks my blood sugar average from the past 3 months (don't know how it does that but that is pretty cool). Everything was right on target, so no diabetes to worry about. I'm taking 2 different medicines for 7-10 days and if the stomach pain/acid reflux pains don't go away, I'll go in for an EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy)test where they put a tube down your throat. I hope I won't have to do that. If the symptoms go away, that means the medicine is working to heal the ulcer and I'll continue taking one of them for 8 weeks. Hopefully by then things will be much better. I will have to change my diet for a while--maybe for a long while, cutting out fried, high fat and spicy foods, caffeine, chocolate, etc. That's gonna be hard, but I've been drinking nothing but water for the past 2 days and I feel more hydrated than I've been in a while. What a good way to get healthy and lose weight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yeah!! So glad to hear the good news! Hope the medicine works!
Thats great to hear Scarlett!!!
wow. you have been busy. glad to hear you are safe from diabetes. rest and relax now. love you scarlett.
So glad to hear the test were ok. You had me scared there for a bit. Keep us updated and let us know how you are doing.
Funny how an ulcer is good news. So glad it's not diabetes!
susan w
Post a Comment