Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Belly Fat , the Playdough Chef, and Baby Names

Alright. I had an appt. with Dr. Woodford today. I have had trouble gaining weight this pregnancy due to chasing Bonnie around and a lack of that big pregnancy appetite people always talk about. I'd only gained 6 pounds in 27 weeks of pregnancy. Well, today, I asked the nurse if I had gained any weight and she said 7 pounds! I said, "Like 7 pounds total or 7 pounds since the last visit?" 7 pounds in 4weeks? I was wearing heavy shoes that I usually take off but that would only account for 1-2 pounds. I was pretty excited I'd finally gained more. I was a little worried about not gaining enough. I have been on a strawberry pie making frenzy and have eaten 2 pieces before bed almost every night so that could account for most of the weight gain...or it could just be because the baby is getting bigger by the millisecond. I'm serious...my stomach feels so pulled and stretched out that I'm not sure my skin will continue to make room for it!

Bonnie's been really clingy lately, but John and I are trying to make a lot of special Bonnie time for her. We've all taken bubble baths and used the bubbles to make mustaches and beards on our faces. We've gone to feed the geese at Deibert park, and last night I was cooking and John was playing playdough with her. He was pretending like he was making something to eat out of the playdough. He'd kill me for posting this, but he was talking in a French chef accent to her. It was so cute! I didn't laugh b/c I didn't want to make him feel stupid, but I almost busted out laughing hysterically. He was like, "First, you take ze dough like zis and pound it..." For those of you who know John---and I'm assuming all of my readers do---you probably think I'm making this up. I promise I'm not. I wish y'all could see him at home. He's so quiet in public (maybe it's because he can't get a word in edgewise), but when you really get to know him and are around him a lot, he opens up and is pretty funny. I need to tell him more often how great of a dad he is. He's so great with her! You never know how your husband will melt in the arms of his little girl until it actually happens. Melodie--I'm sure you're already seeing this in action! Anyways, on to something else:

Baby names.....we talked about baby names very briefly last night before going to bed. John wants me to write down some and let him go through them and say yes or no. It's probably because he can't think of any good ones on his own. For example, he likes the name Winston for a boy. BARF (sorry to anyone this might offend). He said, "I had a really cool dog one time named Winston". I told him no way and that it reminded me of Winston Churchhill or a pack of cigarettes. I don't know what we'll do. We got on the internet and found some celebrity names that were insane. I think these people were on crack when they named their kids. Whatever names we cook up won't be near as bad as:

Seven Sirius Benjamin - Andre Benjamin & Eryka Badu
Zowie Bowie - David & Angela Bowie (remind anyone of "Woolly Bully"?)
Alabama Luella - Travis Barker & Shanna Moakler
Audio Science Clayton - Shannyn Sossamon & Dallas Clayton (future computer nerd or heavy metal band member?)
Fifi-Trixibelle Geldof - Bob Geldof & Paula Yates (reminds me of a miniature poodle dog)
Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof - Bob Geldof & Paula Yates
Little Pixie Geldof - Bob Geldof & Paula Yates (Tinkerbell would've been better)
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence - Michael Hutchence & Paula Yates
Bluebell Madonna Haliwell - Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell (father not disclosed) (wonder what brand of ice cream is her favorite)
Kenya Julia Miambi Sarah Jones - Quincy Jones & Natassja Kinski (I know, let's take all the names we're trying to decide on and lump them all together into one name: Let's see the monogrammed initials would be: KJMSJ)
Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf Lee - Jason Lee & Beth Riesgraf (enough said)
Diva Muffin Zappa - Frank & Gail Zappa
Moon Unit Zappa - Frank & Gail Zappa


SERIOUSLY???????? I was stunned! I had to add some of my 2 cents worth after some of those names. Poor kids! Peaches Honeyblossom? Little Pixie? Oh, I've got it! How about Sassafrass Lilypad for a girl or Hubert Humperdink for a boy? We'll decide at some point........any suggestions?

5 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

You're hilarious! I love that you have your computer back in front of you. It's nice to know what is going on in your world. The weight gain is awesome. You are still tiny to be 27 weeks. The poor baby needed room to grow so you had no choice I guess! The playdough chef makes me smile. I can see John doing that behind closed doors. I do melt as I watch Will with her. Thanks for the shout out. Also, those baby names are ridiculous. I am amazed at some of those. I know Callan is different but at least it isn't Little Pixie! You'll come up with something!

Cortnie said...

As along as you stay away from all those names....you will be fine! About the playdoh thing. Joe played Disney's Pretty Pretty Princess dress up Game with the girls the other nite. He looked great in all that jewelry, the things that dad's for their girls is hilarious!

Julie Young said...

That is too funny Scarlett. I am like Melodie, I can actually see John doing that. Maybe he will do it for us Sunday during class! (Yeah right) I can't wait to know what names you guys come up with.

Anonymous said...

Does Thomps really need bubbles to make a beard? ha!

LucisMomma said...

ha ha! Bryan thinks it would be cool to name one of his kids Winston...he's watched to many Nascar races. Maybe his second one will be Nextel. :P