Yep...that's what Bonnie said to me yesterday after I couldn't find any pants to wear to church. Stupid me goes out last week a(only 5 weeks postpartum)and buys 2 bathing suits and takes them home to try them on. One of them made me look like a big fat hoochie mama. The other one was so tight that when I finally got it on, I couldn't get it off. I thought I was gonna have to wake John up to help me remove the thing plastered to my thighs. It was so low cut that the bottom of the cut in between my boobs went almost to my belly button. Is that the style these days? Oh, and for those of you who are wondering why in the world I even bought a bathing suit: Bonnie is swimming by herself now and I want to swim with her. I haven't gotten to do that yet. I think it's a t-shirt and shirts for the remainder of swimming season! Who cares! Anyways, I had lost 13 pounds within 2 weeks from coming home from the hospital and now I've gained 6 of it back. I'm starving when I am breastfeeding and I crave sweets like no tomorrow. I made a blueberry cobbler and a banana pudding within 24 hours of each other! I've got to get some self-control. My ultimate weight loss goal is 30-40 pounds but I think 25-30 is more realistic. I am now 40 pounds heavier than the day we got married. UGGHHH! Patience, patience, Scarlett.
Last week after girls night out, I went to Target and bought a Wii! We didn't want to wait until Christmas to get one. We haven't bought each other presents for birthdays or Mother's Day/Father's Day because of the new house, so I thought this purchase was justified. I've been waiting ever since to get a Wii Fit so that I can work all of this baby fat off. They are sold out everywhere in the United States and online because they can't make them fast enough. They are $89.99 which is cheap for an exercise program. The guy at GameStop in the mall told me to call every day from 11-1 to see if they have gotten a shipment. He said that we could call and there'd be one and by the time we got there it would be gone! So, Monday I called them and they had one in and they DID. I told them my husband would be there in 5 minutes and I called John and told him to go to the mall. Well, we got one and I LOVE it! I've been hula hooping and jogging and can tell it's really working my body. The Wii Fit weighs you and keeps up with your progress on a chart. It's really neat to see it. It encourages you on the screen to keep it up....I just love it! I can't wait to see if I lose weight this way. If I take the time to do it every day, I know I will! It will be easier and cheaper than getting a membership to the YMCA and lugging 2 kids there just to exercise for 30 minutes to an hour!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That sounds sooo fun! I would love something like that I could do at home :)I didn't even know they had those. Thanks for the comment, you're right it is liquid gold!
Scarlett you will have that weight off in no time. You can bring some of the blueberry cobblers and bananna pudding over here if you need to. :)
You are beautiful don't worry about the extra stuff it will come off when little one starts moving around.
I want one of those things so bad!! We are gonna have to get one. If it makes you feel any better, I still havent lost the weight I gained with Cooper, and he will be 2 in about 3 weeks. However, I am about 5 pounds away. It's a lot more fun to eat what you want and not worry about gaining weight. Oh well, I know you look great!
Hey girl, don't worry about the weight...you are beautiful! The game is an awesome way to lose it though. I would love one of those. We cancelled our gym membership because we were throwing our money away every month so now I really don't do anything.
To update: My 6 week apt. was yesterday and I've lost 10 pounds so far, so that's a start.....
Julie- I'll be sure to fatten you back up if you'd like! You look fab.!
Melodie- You'll have to come over and try it out. You and Will would LOVE it! John's been playing golf and tennis on it a lot!
Don't feel bad, Lilly tells everybody that mommy's belly's not big anymore, cause Maela's here, but it's still squishy. Honest? I think so.
Post a Comment